DKC Architects, Inc. (DKC) is a rapidly growing firm located near Redlands, CA, focused on commercial / public sector / school design and encompassing both interior and exterior work.
DKC provides dynamic designs, unparalleled building solutions, and improved lifestyles for its clients. DKC has developed business relationships with engineers, vendors, consultants, contractors, etc., in order to design / construct new buildings, create additions to existing buildings and renovation projects. In addition to general design and construction services, DKC offers strategic alliances and design-build capabilities, as well as superior management services.
Applicants for the Sr. Draftsperson position should have excellent drafting experience. The individual will generate and develop construction documents on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The main focus of this role is to develop construction documents for projects in the commercial, public works, DSA (school) industries. The individual’s responsibilities will consist of project drafting and construction detailing. This role will work with a diverse design team on a variety of architecture projects that range in scope and scale, from Schematics, Design Development, Construction Documentation and Construction Administration assistance.
The Sr. Draftsperson will take initiative to drive design processes forward with oversight and direction from the Project Architect, Project Managers and / or Principal. This candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD 2015 / 2016, and able to coordinate a set of construction documents. Revit experience is preferred.
- Professional degree in Architecture preferred
- 5-10 years of professional experience in commercial project types, in all phases of design and construction
- Technical detailing knowledge of construction methods and construction documents.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Excel, Word
- REVIT experience is desired.
- A strong collaborative mindset and positive attitude
- Self-motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Workflow and style flexibility; ability to adapt to change
- Highly organized; effectively manage multiple projects with great attention to detail
- Excellent time and project management skills; work well under time constraints, with a sense of urgency to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient communication skills: verbal and written
- Willing to listen and learn
- Punctual, dependable and focused
- Demonstrates strong interest in growing with the firm and being an essential part of a successful organization.
- Four-day workweek (four 10-hour days)
- Eight paid holidays each year and one paid birthday holiday
- Accrued Vacation time
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Optical Benefits
- Great work atmosphere and environment
- Opportunity to grow within firm