DKC Architects, Inc. (DKC) is a rapidly growing firm located near Redlands, CA, focused on commercial / public sector / school design and encompassing both interior and exterior work.
DKC provides dynamic designs, unparalleled building solutions, and improved lifestyles for its clients. DKC has developed business relationships with engineers, vendors, consultants, contractors, etc., in order to design / construct new buildings, create additions to existing buildings and renovation projects. In addition to general design and construction services, DKC offers strategic alliances and design-build capabilities, as well as superior management services.
Applicants for the Project Architect position should have excellent leadership skills, construction administration and project management experience. This individual is responsible for coordinating a team effort to complete projects promptly and successfully, as well as the overall development and implementation of projects. This individual must assure the team is working efficiently and effectively, and keeping projects within budget and on schedule. They will create designs to meet client specifications, create and propose budget and time estimations, and act as an intermediary between the client and the architect team. They will generate and develop innovative design solutions on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The main focus of this role is to develop construction documents for projects in the commercial, public works, DSA (school) industries. The individual’s responsibilities will include construction administration and writing reports to keep clients informed of the status of current project(s). This role will work with a diverse design team on a variety of architecture projects that range in scope and scale, from Schematics, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.
The Project Architect must possess a well-rounded knowledge of topics such as math, physical sciences, architecture, structural design, and finance. They need excellent communication and managerial skills, and must be comfortable collaborating with clients. They will take initiative to drive design processes forward with little to no oversight or direction from the Principal. This candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD 2019, and able to coordinate a set of construction documents. Revit experience is desired.
- California Architecture License
- Professional degree in Architecture is desired
- 5-10 years of professional experience in commercial project types, in all phases of design and construction
- Technical detailing knowledge of construction methods and construction documents
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Excel, Word
- REVIT experience is desired.
- A strong collaborative mindset and positive attitude
- Self-motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Workflow and style flexibility; ability to adapt to change
- Highly organized; effectively manage multiple projects with great attention to detail
- Excellent time and project management skills; work well under time constraints, with a sense of urgency to meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written
- Willing to listen and learn
- Punctual, dependable and focused
- Demonstrate strong interest in growing with the firm and being an essential part of a successful organization.
- Four-day workweek (four 10-hour days)
- 401(K) with company match
- Eight paid holidays each year and one paid birthday holiday
- Accrued vacation time
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Optical Benefits
- Great work atmosphere and environment
- Opportunity to grow with a newer firm
Come join our award-winning team in our environmentally-conscious office building in Yucaipa!