DKC Architects, Inc. (DKC) is a rapidly growing firm located near Redlands, CA, focused on commercial / public sector / school design and encompassing both interior and exterior work.
DKC provides dynamic designs, unparalleled building solutions, and improved lifestyles for its clients. DKC has developed business relationships with engineers, vendors, consultants, contractors, etc., in order to design / construct new buildings, create additions to existing buildings and renovation projects. In addition to general design and construction services, DKC offers strategic alliances and design-build capabilities, as well as superior management services.
Applicants for the internship must have intermediate drafting experience. The individual will have unique opportunities to further develop their drafting experience, as well as learn innovative design solutions on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The main focus of this role is for the candidate to develop construction documents for projects in the commercial, public works, DSA (school) industries. The individual’s responsibilities will mainly consist of project drafting. This role will work with a diverse design team on a variety of architecture projects that range in scope and scale, from Schematics, Design Development, Construction Documentation and Construction Administration assistance.
The Internship will help the candidate to develop great organizational skills, effective time management, and quality drawings with oversight and direction from the Project Architect, Project Managers and / or Principal. This candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD 2015 / 2016, and Revit experience is required.
- Graduating with a Professional degree in Architecture in 2020.
- Technical detailing knowledge of construction methods and construction documents.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Excel, Word.
- REVIT experience is required.
- A strong collaborative mindset and positive attitude
- Self-motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Workflow and style flexibility; ability to adapt to change
- Work well under time constraints, with a sense of urgency to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient communication skills: verbal and written
- Willing to listen and learn
- Punctual, dependable and focused
- Demonstrate strong interest in growing with the firm and being an essential part of a successful organization.
- Four-day workweek
- Great work atmosphere and creative environment
- Opportunity to grow with a new firm
Come join our award-winning team in our new environmentally-conscious office building in Yucaipa!